Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life's Not Always About Beer and Drugs.

While we were in San Francisco, Catherine had to visit the D. Young Museum for school. I took this as the perfect opportunity to take a little break from life and enjoy the work that so many artists had put together.

Look at these two.


A full day of straight rain.


Like i had mentioned in my previous blog, I went to SF with only $10 in my wallet. Since it cost $10 to get in the museum, i had to use my secret invisible powers to sneak past security. ...I was proud of myself.

Here are some sculptures made out of hot blown-glass.






Here are a few pieces from the 17th century.




The contemporary section of the museum was breathtaking.








These next pieces were made of replica bullets and firearms.








3 dimensional paintings.




Lastly, any trip to a museum wouldn't be complete without a 50 foot tall replica of a safety pin.


Then we headed over to a friend's place where we got drunk and blew a few lines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Then we headed over to a friend's place where we got drunk and blew a few lines"
-lifes not about beer and drugs?

your kind of contradicting yourself

Johnny Haste said...

Its humor Mari.

Just Humor.

mariwanna said...

wth that wasnt me?!