Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A FRESH START

So after about 8 months of having kept this blogger dormant, i've decided to revive it and give whoever the fuck reads this a quick update of my life. 

So about two weeks ago, the girlfriend decides to tell me in the "nicest" possible way, that she isn't happy with my fatass and that she needs to go and experience the rest of her college life. So what's a man left with after that? Sure, it wasn't a shock... she wasn't always the BEST girlfriend, but i never thought it would actually come down to that. Needless to say, i didn't react to it in the worst way. I never attempted to commit suicide, nor try different types of downer drugs. One would think that with all our medical technology, doctors would have found a cure for a broken heart by now. right?

Anyway, i know this blog seems kind of farfetched and scrambled, but really its because i just have so much to say and i can't seem to transfer my thoughts down to my fingers and onto this stupid Mac.  However, i will remain focused and try to continue. 

So let me tell you about the rules of engagement... err, disengagement. We both decided to remain friends, and even up to this day we still pretty much talk on a regular basis. However, do not be fooled! Its amazing how fast someone can really get over their significant other. Its only been a couple of weeks and its seems as though she has already moved on. New myspace pictures, no more comments on each other's pages, and the ever downplaying role of new friends over at the apartment everyday. Fishy? Hardly. I should've expected it. I should've known that when someone tells you that they don't love you anymore, THEY REALLY DONT LOVE YOU ANYMORE. I guess its just that when she told me that she wasn't content with our relationship, i thought i could play superhero and try to save it. I mean, that's why i fell in love with her in the first place? She was like a lost puppy, dying to find a home, and looking for someone to hold her. Its just that im a sucker for people like that, and i can't help but try and save them. My fault right?

With that said, my blog isn't meant to inspire hatred or treachery  against her. Its just to vent. To vent to someone and to anyone. Since this was my first real relationship i never knew why people crawled under a rock for a few weeks when they would break up with their significant other. Lesson Learned. I suppose its going to be one rough flight these next few weeks. 

People always told me that breakups were always hard... however i always found a way to doubt them. Is there a book written on how relationships are? Is there a certain formula that always happens in these situations? i'll just have to wait and see..

No comments: